Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Heart Seattle In The Fall

I love the fall. Don't get me wrong... a nice summer day in the Northwest is nothing to turn your nose up at, but ... fall makes me feel cozy and warm inside. And for a self-professed hat and scarf freak I wait all summer to pull out my huge collection.

The other day my sister and I spent the day walking around Greenwood, in the rain, out shopping for fall accessories and filling up with the best Gyros this side of Greece at, where else, Mr Gyros! If you're ever in North Seattle and have a yearning, this tiny gyro factory is the bomb. Tzatziki, lamb, hummus - yummus. Not to mention the gaggle of Greek brothers behind the counter (nice).


In between stuffing our faces and sloshing into antique stores I managed to buy a cute new hat at our favorite boutique Tweed and found a fun store called Insurrection Vintage with a secret stash of vintage fabrics. A few+ bucks later this nifty stash of vintage 1950's fabric was mine!


I've been working on a fun new men's apron design and I think this little blast from the past will give it a lot of pizzaz. I hope to list it in my shop today or tomorrow so check back!

No comments: